PMD (Programming Mistake Detector) is a static Java Source Code analyzing tool that detects the common mistakes in the programming. This free download is a standalone zip installer for IDEs 32bit and 64bit.
PMD (Programming Mistake Detector) Review
If you want to find out the mistakes from your static code then you must try PMD. It is a powerful tool with a specific set of rules that are basically describing the syntax of the Java code. You can also set your own rules which will be prompted when that specific problem will arise. Typically there issues reported by PMD are not the genuine errors but they are meant to add more perfection to the code so that the efficiency of the code increases. If you don’t correct the reported errors, you code may work fine but it will be a bit less efficient.
It can detect bugs that can be empty blocks in the code, dead code like unused variables and methods, empty conditional blocks, and loops. Detect the copied code, in the case of duplicate methods and other code. Programming Mistake detector is distributed under Apache License 2.0. and GPL. It is a completely free product with many other features. It has plugins for many Integrated Development Environments for Java development.
Features of Programming Mistake Detector
Programming Mistake Detector is a fully featured product with many advanced options. Some of the features of PMD are
- Free of Cost
- Easy to use
- Detect possible bugs
- Empty conditional blocks
- Empty try/catch/finally and other blocks
- Advanced detection of errors in static Java Code
- Detects the duplicate code
- Detects the cyclomatic complexity of classes
- Wasteful StringBuffer usage
- Unnecessary conditions and loops
- Dead code
- Pre-defined rules
- Add custom rules to clean your code
- Increase the performance of the code
- Plugins for IDEs much more
System Requirements for PMD (Programming Mistake Detector)
Make sure that your system meets the given requirements before you download and use programming mistake detector
- Operating System: Windows XP/Vista or Windows 7/8/8.1/10
- Installed Memory (RAM): Depending on the IDE
- Free Disk Space: Minimum 100MB required
- Processor: Depending on the IDE
PMD (Programming Mistake Detector) Free Download
Click the link below to download the zip file of PMD for you IDE. It is compatible with a wide range of Integrated Development Environments.